Call for Papers
The Lithic Studies Society returns with our first in-person conference in four years on Friday 27th and Saturday 28th October 2023 at the Civil War Museum, Newark-on-Trent. In the wake of the pandemic, research has resumed apace and there are many new discoveries, analyses and approaches to be shared and discussed in the lithics community.
Abstracts are welcome from independent or affiliated researchers at all career stages and on any topic related to lithic studies including but not restricted to:
- Studies of new sites and assemblages
- Re-analysis/new perspectives on old sites and assemblages
- New methods/approaches to the study of lithic assemblages
- Retrospective views of developments in lithic studies
- New perspectives on lithic technology
- Experimental approaches to lithic studies
- Public archaeology and outreach in lithic studies
We will be holding a session on Saturday afternoon in memory of Hazel Martingell, lithic illustrator, and founder member of the LSS. We especially welcome any abstracts relating to the illustration or visualisation of stone artefacts or the significance of illustration within lithic analysis.
Abstracts should be submitted via the submission page of the conference website.